See detailed step by step instructions after the pictures below or view & print hot fix iron on transfer instructions in a .pdf file.
It is recommended to apply the hot fix transfers with a heat press if possible but the transfers can also be applied with a household iron following the instructions below.
- Place the transfer on your garment.
- Place a piece of paper between the front and the back of the garment.
- Press firmly with medium-high heat, no steam, 10-15 seconds. Reposition iron once or twice, but do not wiggle it.
- Let cool to room temperature and gently peel off the plastic.
Iron-on Rhinestone Transfer Instructions
- Select a porous fabric or surface to apply your motif, such as a garment or ribbon. TEST YOUR PRODUCT FIRST TO BE SURE IT CAN WITHSTAND THE HEAT OF THE IRON.
- Set your iron to a medium-high setting (wool or cotton), approximately 350 degrees. Turn the steam OFF. Place the fabric to receive the transfer on a firm, flat surface. Iron the fabric before applying rhinestones.
- Insert a piece of paper between the front and back of the garment so the glue will not seep to the back side.
- Inspect the rhinestone design. On a hard surface, press fingernails over the plastic to nudge offset stones back into position. Use the bag of replacements to replace any missing stones. If desired, trim with scissors.
- Peel the white paper backing off the plastic transfer paper. Place the transfer sticky side down on the fabric. It may be gently removed and re-positioned at this point. Inspect the stone layout once more before ironing.
- Iron the transfer with firm, even pressure. Do not wiggle the iron. Heat all areas about 10-15 seconds depending on the size of the stones. Larger stones take more time; metal studs take less time. Ensure that all stones are heated and have pressure applied. The stones under your iron’s vent holes will not receive pressure, so re-position the iron once or twice to compensate.
- Let the plastic cool to room temperature. Gently and slowly peel the plastic away. The stones will remain on the fabric. If any stones are lifted up, replace the plastic and re-iron the areas where the stones were lifted.
- When the plastic is removed, briefly press the iron to the stones to reset any that may have loosened.
- The garment can be machine-washed inside-out on a gentle, cold cycle. Lay flat or hang to dry.